Saturday, July 27, 2013
The annual Clean Lakes Festival is a highlight of lakeshore-based summer fun in Madison. It offers the public many ways to enjoy recreation on and in the waters of Lake Monona. It also provides educational opportunities about the importance of the lakes to our quality of life. This event is a successful fundraiser, with several corporate sponsors promoting the Festival and underwriting its activities.
Value to Vision
1) Raises public awareness about recreation on the lakes.
2) Raises public awareness about importance of lakes to local quality of life.
3) Offers non-lake dwellers opportunities to engage with lake recreation.
4) Connects community to the lakes.
Value to CLA
1) Fulfills public outreach, education and community involvement elements of mission.
2) Strengthens public-private partnership by inviting businesses to sponsor and donate services.
3) Raises funds for CLA operations and projects to improve water quality.
Sponsors: ThermoFisher, Spectrum Brands
FREE – Open to the Public